This week we mainly learned about how to derive a Regular Expression from a DFSA, the process is interesting. It's amazing that after several steps of eliminating states when only the starting state and the final state left, we can easily derive a RE by just doing some combination. That's where I found the magic! The lecture material and the tutorial material are easy to understand this week.
Our final assignment (A3) was submitted this week. It was much harder than the assignments before. Mainly because it involves a lot of proofs and more open to creativity solutions as we were asked to write and prove our own algorithm. I like the creativity work, but I do hate to type all those symbols! And Microsoft Word is really awkward to draw DFSAs!
And this is the last week of our day section, since there are no lecture on the week (the virtual week). I finally realized that time flys so quickly. And I've nearly completed my first term at UofT. Now my opinions are: UofT is a good university, it pushes us so hard that we do learn a lot! And Danny is a really nice professor, so patient and kind!
Thank you professor, and thank you my classmates! Hope all of us will do good in final! Fighting!
No comments:
Post a Comment