Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Week 4: Structural Induction & Assignment 1

I feel really guilty that I fell asleep during this week's lecture. So I learned this week's material mainly by self study, reading the annotated slides and the textbook.

Through the process of self study, I find a tip that I'd like to share with you guys: read both the annotated slides for Thursday and Friday. I found that the first part of the annotation of Thursday's slides are of higher quality than Wednesday's slides, but the second part is of lower quality than Friday's.

Also, I did talk to someone and made some friends this week -- some other guys who are also from China. I found that it does help if we discuss questions in our mother language, though I know that I need to speak English as more as I can. But this seems to be an issue that I need to balance some time.

What's more, we handed in out first assignment this week. The questions were mainly on proving statements using Simple Induction or Complete Induction, not hard. And I just realized that if I attend all the lectures and tutorials and do some exercises, then the quizzes and assignments won't be a big problem.

At this point, my fear of this course has already gone.  :)

Since I fell asleep during the lecture, I have no notes to post here. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment