Just as I guessed last week, we did go into further details of Master Theorem. But as I didn't review the lecture notes and the textbook this week, I fount it still hard for me to really understand the Master Theorem. But this time it is the TA that helped me a lot. I asked him about the master theorem after the tutorial, and he really caught my points and make me understand the master theorem in words! I was just confused about those abstract parameters for Master Theorem.
We also studied more on the divide and conquer method. At first I was confused again about the meaning of the term, thinking that it would be something new. But later I just realized that we have already used this method a lot. It just the philosophy of using method like recurrence to divide a big problem into several small problems and solve them separately then recombine the results.
By now, we have practiced a lot on time complicity, and I'm now quite familiar with the terms like upper bounds, big-oh etc, :)
Practice makes perfect!
The lecture notes for this week is not well organized, thus I decide not to post it.
No comments:
Post a Comment