Saturday, October 13, 2012

Week2: Complete Induction

Week 2's material was mainly focused on Complete Induction (Or we can call it Structure Induction). This topic was as expected as we discussed about Simple Induction in week 1.

This week's material was also not hard, and it made me feel more confident in this course. But there're still something new and interesting to me that we leaned to apply induction to prove problems with trees. I just learned the tree data type before I came to UofT (we learned to deal with trees using Haskell) and it's fun that we can use induction to analyze trees. Furthermore I leaned a new concept "full binary tree" that every internal nodes of the binary tree has exactly 2 children. And we did an example to prove that every full binary tree, except the zero tree, has an odd number of nodes (I set down the proving process on the second page of my notes).



Also we had our first tutorial and first quiz this week. The tutorial and quiz were practices on Simple Induction. The questions were very relavent to the lecture materials and not hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment